Wednesday, November 27, 2013

One big hurdle down..

I know.. I know.. I have been  slacking.  I suck.  Life has been busy and my internet has been on the fritz.. 

So let's spend a few posts getting caught up!

When we last left off,  I had just completed medical screening and passed but was waiting for the vampires to analyze my 7 vials of blood and make sure I didn't have some weird unknown disease that would prevent me from being pregnant.

Naturally a few days later, we were informed that I was in fact healthy!  Yay!  Not that I was really surprised!  ha!  I would have been majorly shocked had something come back negative on the bloodwork.

And so with the all clear- my IPs and I set about getting the contract done and in place.  We needed the contract done prior to starting meds.  Since Patricia and I had already went over an old contract to make sure we both knew what we each felt was acceptable, we were sure this part would fly right by.

It might have flown by if it were not for the fact that lawyers are notoriously s.l.o.w !  And then they all decided that it would be a great idea to fly to another state for some infertility conference.  Geeesh, people!!   Patricia and I were panicking just a little bit when I called her attorney's office on Tuesday and was told that the atty was gone until Thursday.  Contracts needed to be signed by the following Monday and we didn't even have a first draft!  ARGH!

Luckily we finally got that first draft on Thursday..  and then began the back and forth, back and forth.  Me to my attorney, my attorney to the IPs attorney. IPs attorney to them...   Let me tell you, contracts = stress! 

Thankfully we were able to slide in by the skin of our teeth and get contracts signed on Monday (11/18) just in time to start meds!!

With my internet playing hokey, you totally missed the excitement of my big ole box of meds arriving !



Looks pretty innocent, doesn't it?


This.   This looks just a little bit scarier.  Do you SEE all those needles? 
I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before but me and needles don't exactly get along.  I'm a big WIMP when it comes to needles coming near my skin.  Yet I just signed up to get myself months of shots.  Yeah, I never said I was a genius.. lol. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment