Wednesday, May 14, 2014

23 weeks


Life as always, is crazy..  I'm updating again now - 23weeks 4days..  Yep, it's been a while.

I had another OB appointment at 21weeks 6days.  Just a normal check up.  Pee in a cup (all looks good) , get weighed ( +7 lbs total for pregnancy so far.) , blood pressure (128/72) still looking good and FINALLY got my uterus measured.. I've been dying to see how big I was measuring because I pretty much feel like a house already.   The hubby agrees that I'm basically as big as I normally am at delivery.  Maybe a tiny bit smaller.  He loves to joke about how big I'm going to get ! ha!

So we listened to the heartbeats ( 150's & 140's)  - baby boy was chilling out on my right side as usual.  Baby girl was being her normal feisty self on my left side - kicking at the doppler and making my OB chase her down for a heartbeat.  I think she was playing tag.. ha!


The awesomeness that is twins ..

Finally the doc whipped out the measuring tape that I've been waiting for..  She stretched it up my tummy and asked if I wanted to guess? lol.   

Uterus was measuring 30weeks !!  8weeks+1day ahead of where I was. ha.. I have thus dubbed these babies the Monster Twins. 

Initially (at the last appt) she had told me that we would do this appt (4weeks after last) and then in another 4 week we'd start doing growth ultrasounds.   Apparently she is really curious now at how big our Monsters are because she has me scheduled to come back in 2 weeks (5/16) for a growth ultrasound and appt.    I can't wait to see the babies again!  And honestly, I'm dying to know how big they are too! ha! 


How I feel : 


Most days I feel as big as a house.. lol.  Morning sickness has finally quit *knock on wood* although I do still have an occasional need to run to the bathroom.   Heartburn/ reflux appears to be here to stay.  I've noticed that I've started to walk with my tummy pushed out more, a bit of a waddle.. I'm most definitely much slower than before because I'm constantly telling the Hubby to slow down, I can't walk that fast.     I've had 2 instances of braxton hicks contractions - which is totally new to me.  Both times they went away once I laid down and drank some water.  I've learned not to overdo things.
Getting up off the couch is already something that involves the entire family laughing at my attempts. ha!  I can only imagine what it's going to be like in coming months.   If I make it all the way to 34weeks, I have 3months + 10days left.  


23 Weeks Pregnant : 


Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about the size of a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.


I pinky swear that I'll be back this weekend to update on the growth ultrasound.   :) 



Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
 BabyFetus Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment