Friday, May 23, 2014

Weeks 24/25

 ** For some reason the picture Gods are not smiling down upon me today.  I cannot get the ultrasound  or big belly pictures to upload..  I'll try again later ! *

Okay I know I promised to update last weekend after the ultrasound.. But I think by now we all know and expect me to be late.. ha!!

24w 6days today..  Exactly 3months (May 23 to Aug 23) until 38 weeks!!  Woohoo :)

Soo I know you are all wondering how the ultrasound went last week.

The babies are doing wonderfully..  Baby Boy was napping - as usual for him.  I swear this boy is going to never sleep again when he comes out (his poor Momma!!).  The bigger surprise was that Baby Girl was actually cooperating nicely :)   She wasn't her normal feisty self - definitely more active than her brother but quite a bit more calm !


Baby Boy was measuring 1 day ahead (24wks) and weighed in at a whopping 1lb 8oz!  Look at him grow!  In the past he was always 2 days behind so he gained 3 days.. He was in the 54% for singletons!

Baby Girl was measuring  2 days behind (23w 4d) and weighed in at 1lb 7oz !!  She's letting her brother become her big brother finally :)

The dr was very pleased with both their weights!  In fact they are bigger than some singletons in my pregnancy group who are the exact same gestation!  I guess no one informed these guys that they are twins! :)     My Dr is still saying that she'll be happy to make it to 34 weeks and thinks they should be 4-5lbs each by then if they keep up with their growth.   I'm still hoping for 37-38weeks.  





I'm giggling inside looking at the tickers below saying that the twins are roughly 1 1/2 lbs each now when they were that size LAST week.. ha!   Monster Twins are at it again ! :)

I don't go back to the OB until June 13 for my 28week labs.. The lovely glucose test.. Ick..  Then every 2 weeks with growth ultrasounds! :)  I love getting to see the little monsters , especially when we catch such adorable pictures of them !!  Ohh and we got to see them practicing swallowing :)  Adorable !

Other than that, not a lot to update.  The hormones have been getting to me lately and I'm a big blubbering mess.. ha.   Preggo brain has struck.  I walked into the Dollar store the other day and immediately forgot why I had went in.. Naturally I almost burst into tears (dang hormones) because I couldn't remember what it was.. lol.   Babies are sucking my brain cells away :)   


24 Weeks Pregnant

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at about 1 1/3 pounds. (Unless you are a set of Monster Twins then you will be even more!) Since he's almost a foot long (about the size of an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.








Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
 BabyFetus Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment