Thursday, February 18, 2016

Happy 12 Weeks!


Hello my friends!  I know, I've been a very bad blogger.  Honestly, I think my life plan is to sleep ALWAYS sleep right now.    I had a dr appt yesterday and the nurse said to me "You look really tired" (it's 10:30 in the morning. ). Uhm yes, I am ALWAYS tired right now! lol!

So all is going well with the twins! This dr appt was just a "new OB" appt where I get the lovely physical and all the bloodwork.  Fun times I tell you!  I showed up and of course immediately had to pee. My nurse directed me to the bathroom and told me that she needed a 'sample'.  No problem here!

My dr came in to discuss how things were going and is pleased with the progress so far. My uterus is now up to my belly button already (normally 20+ weeks) but that's what happened with the last twins.  Lots of swimming room :)  Naturally with all that room, both little divas decided to hang out low and on top of each other.  I was **this** close to getting a quickie u/s to check the heartbeats b/c my doc could only find one but the other came out of hiding. Drats!  We did hear lots of kicking and moving around ! These girls are active, that's for sure!

So another dr appt in 3 weeks, then in another 3 wks(6 from now) we have the big ultrasound! Woohoo! :)  It's not a big gender reveal since we already know it's girls, but it'll be nice to peek in at them again and see how much they've grown!


So for Week 12 :

The babies are now the size of a large Plum  or since it's National Drink Wine day- they are also the size of a wine cork ( roughly 2.5" & .5oz).
  • Most of baby's critical systems are fully formed!
  • Baby's about to enter the growth and maturation stage, in which organs and tissues will grow and develop rapidly.
  • Baby's now developing her reflexes—if you poke his or her body, you'll likely see movement.
  • Baby's opening and closing fingers and curling toes too.
  • Baby's brain is developing fast!
If you are facebook friends with me or the parents, then you'll know that we are now FB official! :) LOL :)

Until Next time!!



 BabyFetus Ticker
BabyGaga

No comments:

Post a Comment